|False Awakening Suite|
|Release date||20th September 2013|
|First live performance||Coliseu de Porto, Portugal|
|Total live plays|
|Recorded||Cove City Sound Studios|
|Previous song||Beneath the Surface|
|Next song||The Enemy Inside|
False Awakening Suite is the opening track on Dream Theater's eponymous 12th studio album, Dream Theater. It features a string ensemble conducted and arranged by Eren Başbuğ. The track was intended as a cinematic opening for their live shows, to replace the music from motion picture soundtracks such as Inception.
John Petrucci recorded this song using a 7-string guitar tuned 1 whole step down (A-D-G-C-F-A-D).
- Misha Gutenberg (Concert Master), Larisa Vollis - Violin I
- Yelena Khaimova, Yevgeniy Mansurov - Violin 2
- Aleksandr Anisimov, Noah Wallace - Viola
- Anastasia Golenisheva, Valeriya Sholokhova - Cello
- Len Sluetsky - Contrabass
The purpose of this track is to be a cinematic and dramatic opening to the album and to their live shows. It's therefore quite dark and intense in tone.