Live at Budokan 2017 was a live TV broadcast that only aired in Japan on September 11, 2017. The broadcast was of Dream Theater's performance at the Nippon Budokan for their Images, Words and Beyond World Tour. The band had previously recorded another album, Live at Budokan, at this venue.
- John Petrucci- Guitar, backing vocals
- John Myung - Bass
- Jordan Rudess - Keyboards
- Mike Mangini - Drums, percussion
- James LaBrie - Vocals
- Richard Chycki - mixing, mastering
Act 1 Edit
- Opening/The Colonel (Two Steps from Hell song)
- The Dark Eternal Night (Petrucci)
- The Bigger Picture (Petrucci)
- Hell's Kitchen (instrumental)
- The Gift of Music (Petrucci)
- Our New World (Petrucci)
- Portrait of Tracy (Jaco Pastorius cover)
- As I Am (with an excerpt of Enter Sandman by Metallica) (Petrucci)
- Breaking All Illusions (Myung)
Act 2: Images and Words Edit
- Intro: Happy New Year 1992
- Pull Me Under (Moore)
- Another Day (Petrucci)
- Take the Time (Dream Theater)
- Surrounded (Moore)
- Metropolis—Part I: "The Miracle and the Sleeper" (with Mike Mangini drum solo) (Petrucci)
- Under a Glass Moon (Petrucci)
- Wait for Sleep (Moore)
- Learning to Live (Myung)
- A Change of Seasons (Portnoy)
- I. The Crimson Sunrise
- II. Innocence
- III. Carpe Diem
- IV. The Darkest of Winters
- V. Another World
- VI. The Inevitable Summer
- VII. The Crimson Sunset
- This was rumoured to be slated for a DVD release, but there were errors with the mixing and editing. For example, particularly in As I Am, LaBrie's voice is heavily auto-tuned, and not very well. Also, the bass is very quiet and Jordan Rudess' iPad solo at the end of The Dark Eternal Night is nearly inaudible. As a result, the only way to view the broadcast at the moment would be if you lived in Japan and recorded the broadcast, or searched the internet for videos of the songs that have been uploaded to Youtube.
- A lot of the camera shots used in the broadcast closely mirror those used in the original Live At Budokan DVD.
- John Petrucci's backing vocals are once again just the original recordings from the albums.
- This is the first time Hell's Kitchen has been included in it's entirety on a live recording.
- The entirety of the Images and Words album, except for Wait for Sleep, was tuned down a half step to accommodate LaBrie’s aging voice. A Change of Seasons was also tuned down a half step.