Sons of Apollo is an American progressive metal supergroup formed in 2017 and composed of Billy Sheehan, Jeff Scott Soto, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and former Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy & Derek Sherinian. Portnoy, Sheehan and Sherinian had already worked together at a short-lived, live instrumental project with Tony MacAlpine. Sherinian was asking Portnoy to be a drummer in a band full-time. Portnoy agreed when he had time for it.
- Jeff Scott Soto (Trans Siberian Orchestra, Talisman, ex-Journey, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Axel Rudi Pell) – lead vocals
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Art of Anarchy, ex-Guns N' Roses) – guitar
- Billy Sheehan (The Winery Dogs, Mr. Big, ex-David Lee Roth) – bass
- Derek Sherinian (Black Country Communion, ex-Dream Theater, ex-Alice Cooper, ex-Platypus, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Kiss) – keyboards
- Mike Portnoy (The Winery Dogs, Transatlantic, Flying Colors, Neal Morse Band, ex-Dream Theater, ex-Adrenaline Mob, ex-Avenged Sevenfold) – drums