Sons of Apollo is an American progressive metal supergroup formed in 2017 and composed of Billy Sheehan, Jeff Scott Soto, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and former Dream Theater members Mike Portnoy & Derek Sherinian. Portnoy, Sheehan and Sherinian had already worked together at a short-lived, live instrumental project with Tony MacAlpine. Sherinian was asking Portnoy to be a drummer in a band full-time. Portnoy agreed when he had time for it.
Their debut album, Psychotic Symphony, was produced by Portnoy and Sherinian (as "The Del Fuvio Brothers") and was released on October 20, 2017 via Inside Out Music/Sony Music.
- Jeff Scott Soto (Trans Siberian Orchestra, Talisman, ex-Journey, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Axel Rudi Pell) – lead vocals
- Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Art of Anarchy, ex-Guns N' Roses) – guitar
- Billy Sheehan (The Winery Dogs, Mr. Big, ex-David Lee Roth) – bass
- Derek Sherinian (Black Country Communion, ex-Dream Theater, ex-Alice Cooper, ex-Platypus, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-Kiss) – keyboards
- Mike Portnoy (The Winery Dogs, Transatlantic, Flying Colors, Neal Morse Band, ex-Dream Theater, ex-Adrenaline Mob, ex-Avenged Sevenfold) – drums